For 4 persons:
For 16 tortillas:
For the filling:
1. Cut the onion into small cubes. Fry the minced meat and add the onions.
2. Give the tomato puree in a saucepan. Drip off the corn and beans and add them to the puree. Then season the puree with salt, pepper, chilli flakes and a pinch of sugar. Add herbs such as marjoram or oregano if you like.
3. If the mincemeat is well-done, you take a spoon and do so much in the middle of the tortillas that you can still close it.
4. Place the finished tortillas in an ovenproof dish and sprinkle cheese on top. Put the ovenproof dish in the oven. Once the cheese has melted, the food is ready.
For the tortillas:
1. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and olive oil in a bowl.
2. Pulse it with a fork until the mixture becomes crumbly. Then slowly add the water until the dough comes together in a firm ball. Carefully add some more flour/water if your dough is too sticky or dry.
3. With a knife divide your dough into 16 equal parts. These will be your future tortillas
4. On a floured surface roll out every piece into a thin circle. Do it one by one and keep the rest covered to prevent them form drying out.
5. Heat a heavy bottomed frying pan and cook the tortillas one by one, each side (approx. 15 sec.) until it browns slightly. Turn the heat down. You’re done!