You can have it with all vegetables you can imagine. We bought peppers, spring onions and broccoli (at the market) so that is what we used when preparing the meal. But of course if you have other vegetables at home, you can use them too. Just give it a try!
We also added some coconut milk in the end, just to have the taste. If you do not like coconut as we do, or you do not have it at home, leave it out.
Have fun during cooking!!
For 3-4 persons
Prep time: ca.30 min.
2 Cups of brown/whole wheat rice
400g chicken breast
2 spring onions
a small head of broccoli
sesame oil or vegetable oil
salt, pepper, curry, any other spice you like…
a sip of coconut milk if you like
ginger if you like
cashew nuts if you like
2. Chop the broccoli roughly and boil it in a pot with enough water (everything should be covered with water) until it is done
3. Cut the chicken breast into pieces and marinate it with approximately 2-3 tablespoons of soy sauce. Add salt, pepper, curry and/or any spice you like. If you are a fan of ginger, cut a thumb-sized piece of ginger into small pieces and add it to the marinade.
4. Cut the peppers and spring onions into pieces
5. Heat sesame or vegetable oil in a large pan, add the chicken slices and fry them until they are done or nearly done, then add the vegetables. You maybe have to cut the broccoli into smaller pieces now.
6. Cook everything until it is well done.
7. Now you can add a sip of coconut milk or some cashew nuts if you like them.
8. Serve with rice!