Here is what we did: We brewed a can of green tea (you can use pure green tea, but also green tea with some flavour. We used green tea with vanilla) and sweetened it with honey. Then we put it in the fridge all the day and had nice ice tea in the evening!! If you like you can also add some juice to the tea, for example cranberry juice.
We hope you enjoy the tea and of course this absolutley tasty dish!
What you need:
Ca. 400-450g chicken breast
One big or two small onions (we used red onions but you can also use white one)
1.5 cups of white rice for example basmati
Olive or sesame oil
Vinegar (preferably wine vinegar, if white or red does not really matter)
Curry, Salt and Pepper
1. Cook the rice following the instruction on the packaging
2. Cut the chicken breast into slices and marinate it with ca. one tablespoon honey, two tablespoons oil and one and a half tablespoons of vinegar. We used sesame oil, which gives the dish a nice flavor. Of course you can also use olive oil, if you do not like the taste of sesame oil or do not have it at home. Add at least a teaspoon of curry (you can also use more if you like), salt and pepper to the marinade. Mix everything, so that the chicken is covered. If you like it hot, you can also add some chili powder, but we liked it more in this variation.
3. While the chicken is marinating, heat oil in a pan (again you can choose between sesame and olive oil). When the oil is hot, add the chicken and let it fry until it is brown-golden and the honey is caramelized on the chicken.
4. Cut the onion(s) into pieces. When the chicken is done, put it on an extra plate and put it aside (best use a cooking top, to keep it warm). Put some oil in the pan you used for the chicken and fry the onion pieces in it. Do not do it too long, the onions should not be very soft.
5. Add the rice to the onions in the pan and fry it for a few minutes.
6. In the end, put back the chicken slices and mix everything, as a result the dish should have a slightly yellowish color.