Ca. 3 apples (not too sour, but also not too sweet… I used Elstar)
100g white chocolate
For the dough:
500g wheat flour
1 bag of dried yeast (ca.7g)
1 teaspoon of salt
For the pudding:
1 vanilla bean
70g powder sugar
3 egg yolk
1. Cut the apples into small slices
2. Mix all the ingredients with a hand-mixer with the dough hook until it is a nice dough. Then knead the dough for around two more minutes with your hands on a floured worktop. Put it away on a warm place and let the dough prove.
3. Scratch out the vanilla out of the bean and add it to the milk. Then cook the milk.
4. In the meantime mix the powder sugar and the egg yolks with a hand mixer for at least three minutes until is a thick mass. When the mass is nearly white, add the cornstarch.
5. Add the egg yolk-mass to the milk while constantly stirring it. Then boil up the pudding again.
6. Let the dough prove until the pudding is cooled to room temperature.
7. Roll the dough until you have a square, which is nearly 0.5 cm thick.
8. Spread the pudding on the dough and then the apple slices.
9. Roll the dough, so that you have a roll you can cut into 3 cm thick “snails”.
10. Put these “Snails” in a baking form and bake it in a preheated oven for around 30minutes at 190°.
11. Take the cake out of the oven and let it cool down. Then melt the white chocolate if you like and give the cake a topping with it.